Saturday, October 31, 2009

Remix Halloween 2008

I hadn't put much thought into what I wanted to be for Halloween this year.
It seemed like a waste of time.

Last year, I was Michelle Obama. Jeff and I attended a neighbor's party, where John McCain, Sarah Palin and an inflatable moose all made appearances. We danced, drank and socialized, without having to discuss the economy or war or cancer. It was a fun night.

Then several days later, something truly remarkable happened.
Michelle Obama became our country's First Lady.

I like Mrs. Obama. She is smart, thoughtful, sophisticated, and her arms are ALMOST as fit as mine, which made her an easy choice for 2008.



So what have I chosen to be for Halloween 2009?

D B C


Deneitra Before Cancer (i.e., smart, thoughtful, and sophisticated, with strong arms)

4 comments:

  1. As Billy Crystal would say...You look Mahvelous! Love you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the Deneitra I know. Pretty girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deneitra, I just talked to Letitia and she told my about your illness. It hurt me to my core when she told me. But a good thing happen,she sent me here to your blog. After reading your blog, I am truly encouraged by your strength. I'm still hurt but now I'm encourage. I sing in a choir with 125 men and I will tell them about your testimony and we will pray that Gods power of healing will be upon you. You are my friend. I always knew that you were a strong Black women. You just proved me right with your expressions in your blog. Gods speed. Xavier

    ReplyDelete