Friday, October 16, 2009

Walter Reed Hospital really should have a bar

Today is the first day I really believe I'm sick today. Nausea and a Texas-size
headache (aka migraine) dogged me most of the day. After adjusting my meds,
Jeff finally helped the docs figure out what works for me. Now I am looking forward
to enjoying the latte that Karen brought me a few hours ago. Hey, it's cold, but
coffee is coffee, right?

And since I didn't pass a cocktail bar on the way in, I might as well enjoy my
second drug of choice.

4 comments:

  1. Need me to smuggle in a margarita when I'm in town this weekend? Caffeine withdrawal ON TOP of major surgery - that's just WRONG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hospital coffee is just too weak. I think Starbuck's should be required to have a store in every hospital. It would cut back on the headaches! They should also deliever to each floor.

    I get those headaches everytime I have a procediure, I usually sneak out for a triple Americano. I hate caffeine withdrawal headaches, they are the worst.

    Behind the Starbuck's booth should be a bar. Hang in there. Maybe someone will have a margarita ready when you get home, or sneak one into you. Whatcha' think? Hang in there woman. My mom always says the 3rd day is the worst. Tomorrow should be better. Prayers are coming your way. I better go if I am going to get to the synagogue. Hang in there. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your title; it tells so much about you. :) Shall I send you some Vietnamese (re: French) instant coffee (w/cream, sugar added) I found in chinatown? I know...I shuddered at the idea of instant, but you must taste it first before dissing it. Ugh, headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be plenty of time for that drink when you get home. Speaking of Texas--go longhorns!! Big game tomorrow. When do you expect to go home or maybe you are already there? Did mom make it to town?

    ReplyDelete