Thursday, October 15, 2009

On the road to recovery



Can you believe that I'm in a room with four beds? Phone
doesn't work, neither does the computer keyboard, but I've got enough
beds for a small sleepover.
I guess at some point, someone at Walter Reed thought it
would be a good idea to assign four patients to one room. (seriously?)
Fortunately there are only two of us in this
room, and Jeff is checking on the private room across the hall.
You know me: forever the diva, with or without cancer.

3 comments:

  1. My dear, the diva in me hears you...so glad my c-sections earned me a private room for my only two hospitalizations. But what's important is that you have your sense of humor - and Jeff will make sure you're still driving in the princess lane. When's the sleepover? I'll be in DC this weekend for AAP anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! I have seen four bed rooms when I was in NY. Ugh! I think you should get a private room. Knowing Jeff, he has already taken care of that and you are moved. I would come for the sleepover, but I dislike the sound of hospital beds. That vinyl scooching sound. Maybe, they have done away with those! I think someone needs to get you a dozen purple mums immediately ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're not in a private room yet, I'm sure you've made friends with the woman in the next bed already. Glad to see you've still got your funny, even while recuperating. Tell the nurses you'd better be taken really good care of...or 100 women will come marching through there and make sure they do!

    ReplyDelete