Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hey! Eyes down here!

Okay, remember when you were at a college party, you met a guy,
started talking and noticed his eyes drifting down your neck and
stopping at your breasts? If you were like me it only happened a
couple of times. But when it did, you probably said something
like, "Hey! Eyes up here," preferring that he talk to your face, instead
of talking to your breasts.

So now, a year or two later, I have the opposite problem.
My hem/onc doctors are obsessed with my blood, not my boobs. What
does that tell you? (This is the military, so don't ask.)

What does it take to find a doctor whose mission in life is to focus on women's
breasts? Isn't that what men do most of their lives anyway?
Remember: eyes up here.

I don't need Dr. Gregory House (aka Hugh Laurie) on my team.
He's always looking for zebras instead of horses.

No, what I need is a doctor whose "eyes are down here",
just where they should be.

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE don't tell me they're into the blood nonsense again...tell them to get a grip, or find a new hematologist. Just say the word and I'll call Tom AND Sid for resources...

    They'll know where to focus.

    ReplyDelete