Monday, October 19, 2009

What time would U like your stripper?

Hey, I'm just quoting the text message I received from my girlfriend, Karen.
She's a nurse, who offered to stop by to "strip" my drains.

I have two of them from my surgery. The drains are attached to a bulb that collects the fluid from the vacated area of the breast. Three times daily, the drains need to be stripped (squeezed out for blood clots) and the fluid inside the bulbs is measured, before being discarded. Once the fluid equals less than 30 cc/day, I can have the drains removed.

So for those of you who read the title and thought, "Will Deneitra make it rain?"
My answer is no; I only make it drain.

6 comments:

  1. Deneitra,

    You are just "too" funny! I think you should become a stand up comedienne or a writer. What the heck, right? I love you. Anyone that can go at this with you humor is just fine, and has to be my friend!

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee - You need to write a novel. You have such a knack for writing! I know you are funny, sweet, photogenic, and you make one heck of host for the Columbia Matters TV program, but who knew you were a writer to boot? And, anyone that can talk about bodily drainage with a laugh needs to share their view with the world.
    Take care, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deneitra- I honestly believe there is a reason for everything...even the crappy things. The world needs a strong woman like you to fight this cancer and keep other women fighting, too. I can't wait to read your blog each day. Just the headings make me laugh. It's better than Facebook and better than the "funnies." You truly are a gifted writer. I look forward to your next inspirational message, even if it is about "stripping." HA! Thanks for the smiles.
    Aces and Hearts,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saying Hi, thinking about you <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dee, yes you ARE a gifted writer! And I know where you get the sense of humor: you are the mother of BOYS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep blogging! :)
    Thinking of you every day, and praying.

    ReplyDelete