Thursday, December 31, 2009

Take Your Poison

It's new year's eve.
The automated message on the other end of the phone reminded me that chemo begins in exactly one week.
So much for celebrating.

Truth be told, chemo is never really far from my mind.
But I'm a big girl.
I'll take my poison, and I'll complain about it...to you.

Deciding I needed a game plan,
(and obviously a change of attitude)
I opened my book of quotes to find Walter Elliot's:
"Perseverance is not a long race, it is many short races one after another".

Okay, so that's the goal.
And as my girlfriend Renee often says, "It's good to have goals."

Happy 2010 Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Or as my Yiddish grandma would say, "You can't eat a whole elephant in one bite." You've definitely got the right attitude...and go ahead, complain to us. We've got big shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine once told me she follows Christ one step at a time. Trusting God, one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete