Thursday, December 17, 2009

Nineteen Hours, Thirty Minutes Ago

The call came at 12:38 a.m.
It couldn't be good.

It wasn't.

Jeff talked. I listened to him to talk.
He hung up.

"What happened?" I asked.
"Your father...911...heart attack...hospital."

We began to pray.
My mind wandered back a week, back to Houston.
I remembered kissing my dad on the cheek and saying "good-bye" three days ago.


Today, he's lying in an ICU bed, intubated, with IVs in both arms.
We've since learned it was arrhythmia, not a heart attack that caused his collapse.
We'll know the rest when he's extubated, a couple of days from now.

It's going to be a long 48 hours.

4 comments:

  1. Dee ~ your Dad and your family are in our prayers! Hugs to you! <3 Adrien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your dad is ok! Only one sick person in the family at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for your dad, you, and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete