Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pig Pen

Sister Weekend/Day Two.

Football: the sport of men,
as evidenced each weekend across the country.
Stephanie and I attended a Houston Texans' football game,
tickets courtesy of a friend.

All of the players, most of the fans and a majority of the tailgaters were male.

So it was no surprise that I as I stood in line,
waiting to buy a Blue Moon,
the two people ahead of me and the one behind me were all male.
(Could it be that men use football as an escape from women?)

But not so fast...

After realizing that I was the only one in line with a purse,
the man ahead of me asked to borrow a pen.
He proudly announced, "Women always carry pens in their purses."

Sensing that he might need to get in touch with his feminine side,
I opened my purse and handed him the pen my son, Chris, gave me:





4 comments: