Thursday, December 24, 2009

D's Favorite Things 2009

Each year "Oprah's Favorite Things" episode sparks a frenzy among audience members.
Occassionally, I've asked for things on the list,
like Origins White Tea Body Cream (2002) or
The Discovery Channel's Planet Earth DVD box set (2007).

With Lady O slowly inching her way toward retirement,
I thought I should come up with my own favorite things list.
Follow my logic:
We're both black, female, TV personalities with a Baltimore connection.
The similarities stop there.
So if you're expecting an LG HDTV Refrigerator or HD Progressive Camcorder,
forget about it.
I don't have Oprah's clout or money.
Favorite Things 2009:







The "Cheers" bottle opener is both festive and functional. Purchased from Lucy and Ethel's in Historic Savage Mill, it's the perfect start to get your drink on.









Another one of my favorites, for a third year runing is Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels. Ladies, you know what time it is when you need your chocolate and salt in one snack. Check these out.








Don't laugh, but I purchased several of these pink Snuggies for the breast cancer survivor and non-breast cancer survivors in my life. A portion of the proceeds are donated to breast cancer research. Kinda makes you feel warm all over.
Finally, my favorite things list would not be complete without Longhorn gear. And with UT heading to the BCS National Championship in January, I had to spread a little burnt orange love.

3 comments:

  1. Charles is starting trouble...he says "Alabama gonna beat 'em!" Don't shoot the messenger!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the CHEERS bottle opener. It's one of my favorite POKENO winnings.

    ReplyDelete