Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Prayer Shawl

Today was a good day, filled with unexpected blessings.
One of my favorite surprises was a shawl
"crafted with prayers for...healing body, mind and spirit".
Except for leaving the house, I have worn it all day.
And I am wearing it now.


It means a lot to me for several reasons:
1) A good friend gave it to me;
2) Her mother (a breast cancer survivor) knitted it, along with a group of women from church;
3) The shawl was blessed by a priest; and
4) When I wear it, I feel as though God's arms surround me.

Jeff's first impression of my shawl was a bit different:
Mobility in my left arm is still somewhat limited, so my arm moves stiffly.
And since I need a little help seeing the expiration dates on coupons, I wore reading glasses.
And don't forget the shawl!

Got the visual?

2 comments:

  1. Items like that are very special! Enjoy. I often think G-d's arms are wrapped around you! When I say the Mi' Shebeirach, that is how I imagine you and G-d. That is a VERY special gift. Cherish it. It will carry you through I bet. My biopsy was negative and I am still waiting on the two other items. GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me smile! We, your friends, are supposed to be supporting you, holding you up, bringing you peace and instead, through your blog, you make us smile and realize that LIFE is what we make it. And you make it great...

    ReplyDelete