Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bra Burning

At least a dozen are piled on the bedroom floor.
I don't have the heart to throw them out...yet.

Earlier today I searched my lingerie drawer and removed all under wires:
Good-bye Vanity Fair;
So long Victoria's Secret;
Ciao Wonderbra. "I don't need you anymore."

Thus the (symbolic) bra burning has begun.
This time it isn't political.
It's practical.

Good thing too.
After doing a little research, I've learned that wearing under wire can be bad for my health.
Did you know that wearing metallic under wire bras, which attract and conduct electricity, can put you at risk of burning or death during electrical storms and lightening strikes?

Okay, so it wasn't really research.
Unless you believe everything you read on Wikipedia.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad we're different sizes, because I'd tell you to send me your bras. I'm sure a women's shelter or other non-profit could use those stylish wonderbras! Did you ever wish you didn't have to wear a bra? Well, I wouldn't have wanted it to happen for you this way, but embrace the freedom and burn baby burn. Glad you have good spirits about it, La. Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving me even more to think about. Now I can't go out in storms! Truth be told, I've never liked the under wire bras and only have them for those rare nights out. I like the comfort of the no wire bras. But it makes me appreciate your words even more!

    ReplyDelete