Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Secret Service really blew it at Tuesday night's White House state dinner.
By Thursday, we'd learned the names, Tareq and Michaele Salahi, who walked
past initial security checkpoints without invitations, to attend (allbeit partially),
one of the most distinguished events of the year.

How did THAT happen?

The last time I was in proximity to President Obama was November 9th, when he visited Walter Reed Hospital. And let's be honest, I wasn't anywhere near the man! If memory serves me correctly, the Secret Service had the entire hospital so tightly locked down, that my mastectomy was delayed nearly three hours. I guess the Secret Service thought that a single-breasted, partially sedated patient was of greater threat to the President, than an attractive blonde, wearing traditional Indian formal wear.


So how did this "Real Housewives of Washington" wannabe
get a photo opt with Obama?
I had enough trouble just getting my scheduled surgery during his visit!


Not only did they get to meet the President, but they were woopin' it up,
(not really, but try to catch the visual) with:
Vice President, Joe Biden;
Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel (whom they referred to "Ron" on FB);
D.C. Mayor, Adrian Fenty;
Katie Couric; and
Robin Roberts (a fellow survivor), among others.

The Secret Service might want to reassess their "threat" protocol. I'm not suggesting that the Salihis were or were not a threat to the President, the Prime Minister of India or anyone else attending the dinner. It just seems like lately, the Secret Service isn't any better at doing their job than I am.

...and maybe that's the Secret.

1 comment:

  1. Good point. I just saw the footage today since I don't watch the news. All I can say is, there needed to be some suspensions.

    ReplyDelete