Monday, November 23, 2009

Just becasue you have cancer, There's no reason NOT to look cute

I often say:
"Just because you have cancer, there's no reason NOT to look cute."
It's become my rallying cry.
It's how I feel like my normal self BEFORE breast cancer.
Besides,
I like it when people notice that I put forth a little effort.
And I like it when people recognize me, for me and not the cancer.


Today I didn't put forth much effort.
And today, I learned the opposite of people saying I looked good.
Eyeing me suspiciously, the comments SOUNDED something LIKE:
"You feeling okay? You sure..."
which was completely appropriate since I didn't even try to look cute.


I'll admit it, my hair was pulled back in a bun...a bun!!!
I think at some point, I put on a little lipstick,
but after chewing on my partially, chapped lips
I think we can pretty much agree that I didn't wear make-up.
And I have no idea what I wore beneath my neck.
All I remember is that it was whatever I threw on in the chaos that ensued before walking,
...okay running, the kids to the bus stop.


Although I wouldn't admit it to anyone:
I didn't try to look cute today because I didn't feel well.
I didn't feel well, because I couldn't take my meds.
I couldn't take my meds because I had to drive.


Better to drive un-cute
than to drive under the influence.

3 comments:

  1. I hate to say, but that is very true! I hope tomorrow is a better day. I am off to bed now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you on Sunday. . .I find it hard to believe that you can ever be "un-cute"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deneitra, you are always beautiful, makeup or not, hair in a clip - and you are allowed to have days where you just don't feel like it. I DON'T have cancer, and I'm having one today.

    ReplyDelete