Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Big Fat Pink Pokeno

I knew that last night's Pokeno would be different, and it was.
I knew that you girls would wear pink, and you did not disappoint.

With raised glasses, we toasted.
I thought, "How sweet. They really care."

But it really wasn't until later, when everyone kept asking:
"Are you okay? Are you getting tired? We can quit playing at any time,"
that I knew you were all more concerned about how I was feeling than I was.
(Hey, a little morphine does that to a girl.)

Thanks for the gifts you generously gave.
Your generosity was completely unexpected.





My presents were:
TOUCHING (two breast cancer bracelets)
FIT-FOR-A DIVA (blinged-out wine glass)
WARM(hand-crafted scarf with matching socks)
MERRY & BRIGHT (Christmas tree with ornaments and lights)
INTOXICATING (Ice Tea Flavored Vodka, Mike's and bottles of wine)
SEMI-EDUCATIONAL (bookmark, without the prerequisite cancer book attached)
INTIMATE(personal care products, including moisturising gloves that I will wear during treatment)
PRACTICAL (camera case; pink ribbon chip clips; cork stoppers (upon first glance, Jeff was a little frightened by the "Rabbit"; plastic drinking glass - yeah, I know a bit of an oxymoron, but blame it on the morphine)

AND COLORFUL (pink, of course)!

Thanks for allowing me to share, even when it was time to go home.
Thank you all for listening.
Thanks for "getting me." I sometimes feel like I am an "acquired" taste.

Thanks for the best BIG FAT PINK POKENO a girl could ever have hoped for.

2 comments:

  1. Deneitra,
    I had a great time last night. It was so much more meaningful that we were all honoring YOU. I'm glad you appreciated the gifts. It was a blast deciding what to buy. Every October, Brighton Collectibles has a new set of beautiful jewelry dedicated to fighting Breast Cancer. I am thinking of you and wishing you many more nights of laughter.
    Hugs,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete