Sunday, November 8, 2009

Gone But Not Missed!

I imagine my tissue and lymph nodes stored in airtight jars of formelin,
waiting on trays for a pathologist to slice them up,
smear them onto slides, and
closely examine the specimens under a microscope.

The tissue samples have a story to tell, but so do I.
I wonder if the doctor who looks at them will see me, or only my cancer?
Will s/he know that I love to write; can mix an authentic Margarita; and love to watch Longhorn football on Saturdays?

On some level, my life may have began with cancer.
I was born with the Breast Cancer Gene, but if that's true, then I've changed very little since saying "good-bye" to both my breasts.

So until something REALLY changes,
I will continue to blog with humor, faith and humility; raise my William-Sonoma Margarita glass; and toast to life, all while cheering on the #2-ranked Texas Longhorns.

3 comments:

  1. L'Chaim! I love your writing and your attitude. In many ways, life does begin with life altering illnesses. It makes you realize that you have to see and do everything you have promised yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been telling so many people about your fabulous attitude and optimistic, HILARIOUS blog - only you could keep such a sense of humor through this. I'm proud of you - but not surprised in the least. Glad the surgery went well - hated being offline and unable to check while we were in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hook 'em Horns!! I love to watch them every Saturday!! I hope they go to the BCS Championship Game!!

    ReplyDelete