Thursday, January 21, 2010

Round 2

Well, it's the night before the BIG fight!

Tomorrow is chemo day,
and I'm still trying to get my head in the game.
So this time, I have a plan of attack:
anti-nausea meds before, during and immediately after (whether I need them or not).
Chemo is a sneaky opponent, on a seek and destroy mission,
To make my hair fall out,
To make me toss my cookies,
To bring me to my knees.
But I won't stay down.
Give me about 72 hours, and I'll be back on my feet,
balding but standing.
In preparation of the fallout (pun intended),
I purchased a couple of scarves and have started wearing them.
I was hesitant at first because I didn't want that "chemo head" look.
Not a good look for me, but I don't need any more surprises.
I've already had too many.
So, here's a sneak peak at two of my "do" rags. DING!! DING!!!

3 comments:

  1. You're halfway there, Dee. You just need the helmet and a lovely day and we'll go for a ride. I have four do rags and I want more. Maybe when you don't need yours anymore ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee,
    I have a friend who has lots of scarves, and has wanted a good home for them. If not let me know if someone in Houston can use them. She, too, was quite picky in her choices. Would your home be the right home? I love the one on the left especially with that shirt!. It accentuates your good looks, but what does Jeff say? Love always, The Ginger and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. U look beautiful, my dear! I MUST find the pic of us at Johnston Jr. High with us both wearing these scarves in the morning b4 school. I have a photo book entitled, Headscarves... bought myself for one Christmas, because my then boyfriend HATED when I wore scarves. Everytime, I was like... F*... well... u know ;-) Whew, girl... I just sent u some beautiful, healing light to your belly (at the seat of the nausea)...

    ReplyDelete