Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pink Warrior

I am,
You know
...a Pink Warrior, a survivor.

To prove it,
I have entered an essay contest to be named "Ms. Preakness Pink Warrior" 2010.
This is no beauty contest. For the first time, Ms. Preakness will honor those who have survived or who are fighting breast cancer. Winners are selected on the strength of their essays. Since my blog has been such a uplifting outlet, I have decided to use it as the starting point for my essay. Because of all of you, I have inspiration.

If you have time,
between now and Monday, May 3rd,
I would appreciate your vote for my essay.
The winner, will be chosen in part through an on-line, interactive process.
After the voting, the rest is left up to a panel of judges.

To vote, please go to www.preakness.com. On the home page, you will find a pink ribbon and the Susan G. Komen name. Click there and look for the Ms. Preakness Pink Warrior; click to find the collection of submitted essays.
My essay is #10.

I hope to update you of my status,
Warrior-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment