Thursday, May 20, 2010

Perspective

"If I can just help one person, then it is all worth it."

How many times have you heard someone make that claim?

If you're like me, you may have questioned, not the sincerity of those making the statement, but the reality of the words: it is all worth it.
REALLY?

As I prepared for my 16th and final round of chemo,
I have spent the last few days, looking back -
rereading old blogs and reflecting on your comments;
scanning the photo diary on my I-phone; and
recalling how very different this journey looked, just five months ago.

Have I helped someone, inspired a friend, encouraged a stranger?
I sure hope so.


Since my diagnosis in October, four young women have contacted me, regarding their own diagnosis of breast cancer. Two of the women were strangers prior to this month. Now we are sisters, part of a sorority that doesn't judge or vote.

Funny thing about adversity of any kind,
if you're willing, you will find multiple opportunities to help others.

If you look around, you will see people, who need exactly what you have to offer.
There are instances,
where the only path to sharing an experience,
begins by first, living that experience.

So to answer the question on my mind this morning, as I steady my nerves before the chemo nurse sticks that needle into my port for the last time:
Is it worth it?



Hell Yeah!



2 comments: