Thursday, April 29, 2010

Believing Noah

"Mommy, look!" he announced.


I looked up from my book to discover Noah, holding a fistful of Dandelions and other unidentifiable weeds that he had carefully plucked from our not-so-well manicured backyard.


"What are you going to do with those?" I asked.



"Plant them," he answered matter-of-factly.



Only a six year-old would imagine PLANTING weeds.
At least I should be grateful those weeds were no longer in our yard, right?


Together, we found an empty glass flower pot, some leftover top soil and a garden spade.
Noah found a watering can.
I returned to my book.
A few minutes later, he rejoined me.


"I know that the flowers are already dead, but I prayed to God to get them to grow."
I knew I should say something, but wasn't sure how to follow-up.
"Okay," I managed.
But inside I was thinking - Honestly, you can't just pull up a handful of weeds; stick them in a pot; and expect them to grow.


Two days later:







God answered Noah's prayer.

4 comments:

  1. That child has "future minister" written all over him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful story. I'm gonna share it with my dad and brother (both ministers). They'll have to credit Noah if they use it in a sermon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give God all the credit. He and Noah obviously have something special going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little Princess Cara (6yrs old) also brings me dandilions all the time..."Look, mommie, I brought you flowers. She makes me put them in a vase to watch them "bloom".

    They do, every time, and we take them outside, blow them and make a wish...adding more weeds to our yard. I love it.

    ReplyDelete