Friday, February 5, 2010

Round 3

First of all, I'm blogging
so that's a good start.
I finished my third round of chemo a few hours ago.
These are the good hours,
the hours before the lonely ones.


The day didn't begin so well.
I was nervous about the snow predictions for the afternoon,
afraid that it would interfere with my treatment.
As much as I didn't want chemo,
I wanted on-time chemo because it could affect my outcome.


It's called anticipatory nausea.


I thought I would make it to the hospital before it hit,
but when my anxiety evolved into stomach pains,
denial left the building. I picked up my bible and read Ephesians 6:10-18.
When I'd finished reading my stomach had relaxed and my anxiety level abated.


We drove to Johns Hopkins.
My blood pressure was 120/65...not bad, considering.
Blood counts were good.

The side-effects are starting now.
I've got to go.
Look for me in a couple of days.

4 comments:

  1. Know that we are with you in thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there - that's one less to go! Lasagna's in the fridge ready to head your way as soon as you're feeling better (and the roads are clear). We're thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even when you're feeling lonely, try to remember that you are not alone. So many of us are right here with you, every step of the way, praying and fighting, even from great distances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Deneitra, I just want you to know that I'm praying for you. I've been through chemo and blood transfusion's, but thank God I made it through a year of high dose chemotherapy. The doctors gave me 3-6 months to live, but I'm still here 39 months later and cancer free. Through my process of healing I found a scripture the same way you have and held on to God's word.(Psalms 91) I'm standing with you.

    Love you,
    Tawana Rogers Rose
    Your Childhood neighbor

    ReplyDelete