Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ready for Round Four

Today is Cameron's 10th birthday.
Before turning in for the night, he said it was the best birthday EVER.
I was happy;
It felt good to have a distraction.

I have my fourth treatment tomorrow, and I'm trying hard not to over think it.
I already know the next several days won't be good for me:
that I'll have to fight back the anticipatory nausea,
take something to help me sleep, and
hope that my blood counts are good
...and that's all before 10:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.

As I struggle to find the silver lining,
I pray that it exists in the fact that I get my final treatment of AC drugs tomorrow.

It's time to put on my Super Hero Suit and hope that it doesn't rip.

2 comments:

  1. I wish we could take on the rough stuff and just let you cruise through this one. If it helps, know that you have a bunch of folks around you who would take it from you if they could. We're pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee - Don't you know SuperHero suits stretch and don't rip? Love you and thinking of today and every day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete