Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Imagine That

I had to fight my way back from the last one.

Round four was the toughest yet.
A few days ago, I felt like giving up
...whatever that means.

Today, I am finally beginning to feel like myself.
I need more days like this.

Live long enough, and you've felt bad at some point.
But imagine feeling so bad that you don't or can't remember
what feeling good feels like.

That's chemo.

Round five is nine days away.
Yes, I'm counting,
counting on the hope that Taxol won't tear me up the same way that AC did.

Tonight, I need to imagine that.

6 comments:

  1. Seeing you Tuesday, I'd have never known - you put up a remarkable front, my friend. You are going to make it, because you are an incredible woman, who is TEXAS strong - hang in there. Hope you got to eat some lasagna. If not, hope Jeff froze you a piece. If not, I'll have to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't imagine. Thinking of you daily and praying often. How many more rounds to go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget Army strong. You're Deneitra strong. A whole new category --a serious upgrade, if you will. You, go, girl. Kick some chemo butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that last post! Deneitra strong. Perfect. That fits. She always has been, and I bet always will be. I love you Deneitra. Sorry if you misread my guided imagery email to you. No harm meant. ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Ginger, I don't know anything about the guided imagery emails. No worries. I have a bible. I'm good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Bible can be guided imagery! I sit in services and imagine what the world looked like then and what people wore. It is interesting.

    ReplyDelete