Thursday, March 4, 2010

Round Five

I stopped by to visit a friend yesterday,
while receiving her fifth round of chemo.

I happened to be in the same building, at the same time.
I didn't know what to expect when I walked across the hall to ask if she was having chemo.
But the receptionist told me to "Go on back."

For a moment,
I was anxious about pushing open the door.
Did I really want to do this? I have treatment on Friday.
Would I get sick, once inside the treatment room?

Before my fears could take hold, I was walking through the door, down a short hall and into the open treatment room, flanked by floor-to-ceiling windows.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

I don't recall what she said next,
but judging by the look on her face
I knew that visiting a friend in pain, is never a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment