Friday, August 6, 2010

A Mardi Gras State of Mind

I endured my 25th radiation treatment this morning.
Radiation was followed-up with a 4-hour infusion of Rituximab,
the drug designed to suppress the antibodies in my blood that keep attacking my red blood cells.
Needless to say, it was a long day.


As I slipped into my shoes, the phone in my purse chimed.
"Mrs. Hutchinson?" a voice inquired. I recognized it immediately.
"I'll be right down," I interrupted.
"I will meet you at the front door," Kathy responded before hanging up.


Jeff and I arrived in the Plastic Surgery Clinic five minutes later.
Dr. Martin had agreed to have a look at my chest, burned reddish-brown from the radiation.


We followed Kathy to Exam Room 1.
Opening drawers, she began searching for a gown.
"Don't bother, " I offered. "I don't want to take up a lot of Dr. Martin's time.
When he comes in, I'll just flash him."

Wonder what I did wrong? I thought. I left without a string of colored beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment