Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's Good to See You Again

Hello ENERGY:

Welcome back!
It's been a while, but it's great to have you here again.
I never imagined how much I'd miss you, but life was so much harder when you weren't around.
Call me helpless, but I had trouble climbing a flight of stairs;
keeping up with chores;
and taking walks.

Since your return,
I've begun making up for lost time:
sorting laundry,
cleaning floors,
washing dishes,
preparing meals, and
shopping.

ENERGY,
here is your formal invitation to hang out for an extended visit.
I promise to let you know if you ever overstay your welcome.
And don't worry about Jeff and the children; we've talked about it.
They have already consented to having your around on a full-time basis.

I'm sorry that circumstances drove you away.
You are family, and I've missed you.
We all have.
Please say you'll stay...

...forever,
Dee

2 comments: