Monday, January 23, 2012

Two Years Out

I guess I could write something...
give an update on my condition.

Let's see,
I have lymphoma. My doctor found it following last year's bone marrow biopsy.
He didn't expect to. In truth, he performed the biopsy to rule out lymphoma.
I think he was surprised, if you can surprise a oncologist.

Why has it taken so long for me to come out?
I was tired of cancer: tired of dealing with it; thinking about it; chronicling it.
Now I'm left without that option; lymphoma is incurable.
At least mine is indolent, the slow-growing kind that isn't expected to decrease my life expectancy, but won't succumb to chemo either.
I get it; neither did I.

Another positive: I feel good.
Of course I also felt good right before I discovered the breast cancer.
But I won't lose my hair this time. It's Retuxinab this time around.
Winters are tough.
Cold weather for me is like Kryptonite to Superman.

I start treatment again soon, probably next month. That's the routine now: every three months.
Will I have to continue this course for the rest of my life? Maybe.
Will I wake up one day and decide I've had enough? We'll see.
But it won't be today. I still have work to do.

3 comments:

  1. You are definitely the strongest woman I know, the world keeps throwing these curve balls at you...but God keeps telling you "I got you..." You have gone through so much just in the past few years, but yet you have the most real attitude about it. You don't try to hide your emotions, you don't sugar coat anything...and yet you are still sooo positive. Girl, you are to special and to amazing to let anything keep you down! I love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. I wonder how keep up like that.
    www.cremation-usa.com

    ReplyDelete